Reporting to the Event Manager in Adelaide, this is a unique opportunity to be at the epicentre of innovation and the startup community in South Australia.
The Event Coordinator is the primary point of contact for event hire in the Startup Hub at Lot Fourteen. This is an incredible opportunity for a customer-service driven individual with a flair for events to join the team at Stone & Chalk @ Lot Fourteen. The Events Coordinator is to provide the combined organisations of AustCyber (AC) and Stone & Chalk (S&C) with comprehensive support on the delivery of our mission, with specific responsibility for producing and delivering events in Adelaide.
The role brings together project management, customer service and end-to-end delivery, and is responsible for owning the setup and delivery of events in the Hub, and partner venues from time to time.
In addition to overseeing the delivery of inbound client event requests, working with the Events Manager you will own the organisation’s event calendar in your state. This event strategy aims to drive the growth and development of new and emerging industries such as Fintech, Cybersecurity, Blockchain, Proptech, etc. As well as support the commercial growth of startups and scaleups in the Stone & Chalk and AustCyber Impact Network.
As part of the National Events and Community Team you will develop the communications plan for each event, ensuring that in addition to the promotions and social, we are also publishing thought leadership pieces, which have a life beyond the events.
STRATEGY: Collaborative delivery of Adelaide Stone & Chalk Event Calendar. Including;
- Establish strong & effective client relationships with new and existing clients, corporate partners, Government, S&C AC staff and residents
- Provide information back to the National Events Team on the ‘on the ground’ feedback and insights gathered from events, to ensure that event registration KPIs are met, and that we maintain a high Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction and repeat business by maintaining a high Net Promoter Score (NPS).
BD: Management of the Event Sales Funnel. Including;
- Own the event revenue and occupancy space hire targets in Adelaide
- Responding to enquiries from new and regular clients via CRM (HubSpot)
- Preparation of event quotations and management of negotiations.
- Preparation of event orders, invoices and billing.
OPERATIONS: Event Planning, Management and Execution. Including;
- Prepare the operations schedule based on the weekly event bookings
- Hiring, training & management of Casual Staff and providing overall leadership. Including rostering of weekly casual staff inline with the events calendar
- Coordination with S&C/ AC preferred caterers, logistic, security & event staff to ensure event set-up, staffing, catering, security protocol, etc is activated inline with client expectations
- Managing event logistics, preparation and set-up on the day, including AV, catering, etc
- As required, directly supervise on-site events to ensure service standards are achieved.
- Manage the booking of venue facilities (access doors, air conditioning etc).
PROCESSES: Implementing and refining Stone & Chalk Event Policies, Procedures and Reporting. Including;
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organisation to ensure efficient and safe operation of the business using notion.
- Using established systems and processes, maintains event records, reports, and department files as required (shared drive, Notion, calendar & Hubspot).
Example Key Success Metrics
- Financial - Drive revenue & enhance the space hire business
- Process & Operations - Design & implement brand story events that drive customer leads for SA. Achieve operational efficiency across events (budgets, timeliness, processes, logistics, etc.)
- Stakeholder - Engage SA Community, CPS, Investors and Industry in compelling, value creating events to inspire, inform and educate and drive retention across customers
- Capability - Input and share knowledge and expertise within team to continually enhance our value proposition. Cross collaborate & working cohesiveness across team nationally
Essential Skills & Experience
- An events allrounder, who is passionate about delighting the customer. Someone who can roll up their sleeves to get the job done, but also can think strategically; collaborating at all levels within the tech and innovation sector. Excellent social, organisational and event management skills and experience
- Superb organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise event planning with key milestones and communicate progress updates to the wider team. Execute with attention to detail, deliver well-received events/activities and strengthen demand for events across the ecosystem.
- Demonstrates good judgment, professionalism, strong interpersonal skills establishing positive and productive working relationships; self-aware team player able to generate trust, through collaboration and exceptional communication skills
- Possesses an influential and welcoming communication style and encourages constructive feedback, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels. Ability and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback. Demonstrates competence and character that inspires trust.
- Effective and proven customer and client relationship skills, with experience in hospitality or front-line customer service roles with exceptional attention to detail and task orientation.
- Ethical and accountable, shows flexibility & resilience
- Strong project and team management skills. You are a supportive leader and clear communicator, with the ability to think both strategically and commercially whilst managing events end-to-end.
- A demonstrated ability to achieve targets and meet deadlines when negotiating, designing, managing and delivering events, including both space hire and a local/ national program of activities
- Ability to work in a complex and changing environment with exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions quickly. High integrity, tact, a positive attitude and fosters a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving.
- Enable a psychologically safe environment within the organisation by respecting and supporting others, practicing empathy internally and externally.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in an emerging tech or related, sector.
- Experience working in or closely with the public sector.
- Passion for entrepreneurial communities
To apply for this role, email firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the Subject line is: ‘<First Name> <Last Name> - Event Coordinator Adelaide’.
Please ensure your application includes the following:
- Cover Letter
- Optional but strongly encouraged - 60 second (or less) video: Given you will be a brand ambassador for Stone & Chalk, we ask that as part of your application you submit a short (less than 60 second) video telling us one fact about yourself & which startup inspires you the most? Please upload your video to Vimeo, Youtube or Google Drive, set it to unlisted or apply a password and send us the URL & password in your application email.
Stone & Chalk is Australia’s leading Impact Network™ for the emerging technology sectors. Together with their resident founders, mentors, investors, and industry and government partners they have a proven track record in providing growth and commercialisation support for startups and scale-ups. Residencies in their innovation hubs in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide provide access to customers, capital, talent, expertise & community collaboration opportunities.
AustCyber is the Australian Cyber Security Growth Network. Established in 2017, AustCyber’s mission is to grow a vibrant and globally competitive Australian cyber security sector and in doing so, enhance trust in Australia’s economy and improve sovereign cyber capabilities available in defence of the nation. Its National Network of Cyber Security Innovation Nodes support a cohesive ecosystem that is responsive to the cyber security needs of all sectors.
Together, our integrated organisation exists to identify, nurture, connect and propel those who are seeking to solve the world's most pressing business and social challenges. In this sense our founders, partners, investors and mentors – are shaping the future, together. We are committed to catalysing commercial success for startups and helping scale-ups export through our curated communities and flagship programs across emerging technology in order to help Australia achieve Sovereign Domestic Industrial Capability in strategically significant sectors.