This is an incredible opportunity for a community and customer-service driven individual to join the team at Stone & Chalk @ Lot Fourteen.
The Hub Coordinator is the public face of Stone & Chalk and the Lot Fourteen Innovation Precinct. The successful candidate will be at the epicentre of innovation in South Australia. Lot Fourteen is a major destination for local and international visitors, and the Stone & Chalk Startup Hub acts as a centre of gravity for the startup ecosystem in South Australia. Based at the front desk of the Startup Hub, the successful candidate will own and be responsible for the Stone & Chalk visitor experience. The Hub Coordinator wears many hats and plays a critical role in supporting Stone & Chalk’s event, operations and community teams across multiple areas including:
The successful candidate will thrive off meeting with and supporting a broad cross-section of the community each day. The Hub Coordinator will be the first line of support for a range of requests and this role will be critical to communicating Stone & Chalk’s offerings and open and inclusive culture.
The successful candidate will be a natural community builder - constantly looking to drive community and connection between community members across the precinct. The role will also support Stone & Chalk’s community team in delivering various community-building initiatives across the precinct.
The successful candidate will have a keen eye for detail, and be proactive in maintaining the Startup Hub Facilities to ensure their tidiness, functionality and ambience.
The Hub Coordinator will also be responsible for reporting maintenance and repair issues to ensure WHS requirements are met and any issues within the designated areas are addressed on a timely basis.
Regarding security, the Hub Coordinator will need to be able to respond to security matters if required and contact security.
The Lot Fourteen mailroom is located adjacent to the ground floor foyer and the Hub Coordinator will be responsible for managing the mailroom.
The Hub Coordinator will be the first point of contact for minor ICT issues that may arise in the shared meeting rooms or event spaces. Escalation of the more complex issues may be required to the ICT network management provider.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Providing an exceptional customer experience for residents and visitors
• Ensuring timely hub and community announcements through appropriate channels
• Fielding enquiries from the general public and startups
• Directing the general public to the digital wayfaring signs and booking system
• Mailroom management
• Shared meeting room management
• Preparing spaces for hosting of events and programs in partnership with S&C and other parties as required
• Conducting ongoing walkthroughs during the day for quality control assessment
• Contacting cleaners, facilities management and security when required
• Ensuring supplies on the ground floor and all kitchens are maintained
• Attending to service-related emergencies
• Complying with safety policies and procedures
• Providing tours of the ground floor facility & hub
• Addressing minor ICT issues for shared meeting rooms and event space
• Managing a small pool of operations support personnel as required
• Any other tasks that aid the efficient running of the startup hub
• Event coordination of community events including promotion, catering, setup, managing AV, packing down
• Owning the design of timely and relevant digital signage throughout the hub
• Proactively designing and executing community activities to drive the use of the ground floor space by all of Lot Fourteen residents
• Managing ongoing and Adhoc projects as required
• Liaising with Operations Manager to ensure that any problems within the building are rectified in a timely manner
• Social media and content collection such as photography and videography
• Enquiry management of space hire
The successful applicant will have:
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Task orientated with an attention to detail
• Passion for entrepreneurial communities
• Excellent social, organisational and event management skills and experience
• Ability to work in a complex environment
• Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions quickly
• Effective and proven customer and client relationship skills
• Experience in hospitality or front line customer service roles
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
To apply for this role, email firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure Subject line is: <First Name, Last Name> <Hub Coordinator Adelaide>.
Please ensure your application includes the following:
- Cover Letter
60s (or less) Video: Given you will be a brand ambassador for Stone & Chalk, we ask that as part of your application you submit a short (less than 60 second) video telling us one fact about yourself & which startup inspires you the most. Please upload your video to Vimeo, Youtube or Google Drive, set it to unlisted or apply a password and send us the URL & password in your application email.