Events Manager – VIC
The Opportunity: Work with and alongside Victoria’s most ambitious founders and entrepreneurs to create a curated program of events that will uplift the local emerging startup ecosystem and make a mark.
The Events Manager - Victoria will provide Stone & Chalk Group (S&C) with comprehensive support with specific responsibility for producing and delivering all events in Victoria.
Reporting to the Ecosystem Director - Victoria this is a unique opportunity to join the S&C team and be at the epicentre of innovation. The role brings together community & partner engagement, project management and end-to-end delivery, and is responsible for leading the curation, setup and delivery of events in the Hub, and partner venues from time to time.
You will work on building, maintaining and managing relationships with current and prospective event clients and partners, as well as leading commercial negotiations to identify and co-create events that bring benefit to startups, scaleups, corporates, government and the wider S&C network.
In addition to overseeing the delivery of inbound client event requests, you will own the organisation’s Victorian event calendar and strategy. This event strategy aims to drive the growth and development of new and emerging tech industries by arming S&C’s customer groups with high-value experiences and knowledge. It will continue to build and elevate the ecosystem of industries such as CyberSecurity, Space, IoT, Fintech, Cleantech, etc.
Events: Collaborative delivery of Melbourne Stone & Chalk Event Calendar. Including;
- Development of a series of curated events fostering connection within the emerging tech community and establishing S&C as a thought leader in this space.
- Working with the National Events team to provide input and support in the planning and delivery of strategic events for S&C; including collaborating with co-tenant partners, corporate partners, start-ups and industry leaders on these events.
- Establish strong & effective client relationships with new and existing clients, corporate partners, Government, S&C staff and residents.
- Conducting regular meetings to disseminate upcoming Melbourne event information to the S&C Marketing & Event Teams.
- Provide information back to the National Events Team on the ‘on the ground’ feedback and insights gathered from events, to ensure that event registration KPIs are met and that we maintain a high Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Ensure a high level of client satisfaction and repeat business by maintaining a high Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Working in collaboration with the Startup Success & Community Manager to deliver an outstanding experience to all stakeholders, constantly reviewing creative ways to build team culture, community collaborations and learning in an inclusive environment.
Community & Operations: Event Planning, Management and Execution. Including;
- Prepare the operations schedule based on the weekly event bookings.
- Managing logistics for internal & external events including staffing, promotion, preparation and set-up on the day, AV, catering, booking facilities etc.
- Assist the Hub team in improving operational processes focusing on efficiency as well as customer experience.
- As required, directly supervise on-site events to ensure service standards are achieved.
The successful applicant will have
Essential Skills & Experience:
- An events all-rounder who is passionate about delighting the customer. Someone who can roll up their sleeves to get the job done, but also can think strategically; collaborating at all levels within the tech and innovation sector.
- Superb organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise event planning with key milestones and communicate progress updates to the wider team. Execute with attention to detail, deliver well-received events/activities and strengthen demand for events across the ecosystem.
- Effective and proven customer and client relationship skills, with experience in front-line customer service roles, exceptional attention to detail, and task orientation.
- Demonstrates good judgment, professionalism, and strong interpersonal skills establishing positive and productive working relationships; self-aware team player able to generate trust, through collaboration and exceptional communication skills.
- Strong project and team management skills. You are a supportive leader and clear communicator, with the ability to think both strategically and commercially whilst managing events end-to-end.
- Ability to work in a complex and changing environment with extraordinary problem-solving skills and the ability to make decisions quickly. High integrity, tact, and a positive attitude and foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Confident public speaking and networking skills – you will be communicating with over 50+ startup companies based at Stone & Chalk and stimulating conversations every day within the entire ecosystem.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in an emerging tech or related sector and a passion for entrepreneurial communities.
- Familiarity with tech/digital tools such as Hubspot, Asana, Confluence etc.
- Experience working in or closely with the public sector.
- A flare for creativity and an eye for trends especially in emerging technology which will feed the community events strategy.
Example Key Success Metrics
- Financial - Drive revenue & enhance the space hire business
- Process & Operations - Design & implement brand story events that drive customer leads for VIC. Achieve operational efficiency across events (budgets, timeliness, processes, logistics, etc.)
- Stakeholder - Engage the Victoria Community, Investors and Industry in compelling, value-creating events to inspire, inform, educate and drive retention across customers
- Capability - Input and share knowledge and expertise within the team to enhance our value proposition continually. Cross collaborate & work cohesiveness across teams nationally
- Create opportunities to showcase residents and make introductions
- Funnel Corporate Partnership leads to the national team
Stone & Chalk’s mission is to transform Australia into a sustainable technology-driven economy. Together with their resident founders, mentors, investors, and industry and government partners, we have a proven track record of providing growth and commercialisation support for startups and scale-ups. Residencies in our innovation hubs in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide provide access to customers, capital, people, expertise & community collaboration opportunities. Stone & Chalk has been operating in three states since 2015 and has grown into Australia’s largest innovation community.
Sounds like you? Even If you don't meet all the requirements, please apply.
Kindly ensure you email your application as follows to email@example.com
- Subject: <<YOUR FULL NAME>> for << ROLE>>
- Attach (1) Resume (2) Cover letter
- Please ensure you have full working rights for Australia.
We are excited to hear from you.